Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Eligibility & Rules:
Eligibility Period: Work entered for the 2023, must have been completed between Work Entered – January 1, 2022 through August 31, 2023
The work entered into the Voice Arts® Awards contest for 2022, must have been aired, broadcast, published, or otherwise made available to the public or B2B (business to business) constituents within the “Eligibility Period.”
- Demo Reels, Body of Work, and Spoken Word categories categories are NOT subject to the “Eligibility Period” as they have no restriction on the time frame in which they were created or distributed. Demo Reels, however, will be judged according to contemporary, professional expectations for today’s marketplace. Therefore, it is not advisable to submit a Demo Reel that may be deemed outdated or obsolete. SOVAS™ reserves the right to determine the competitive viability of any and all entries submitted in any category.
- B2B includes corporate, instructional, marketing, and other works that are intended for a non-broadcast or restricted audience. For example, an instructional video intended only for the employees of a given company would fall under the definition of B2B and is therefore eligible for submission.
- For the immediate future, NEW categories (Portuguese, African English, Arabic, Japanese, and Mandarin) adhere to a 2-year eligibility period from September 17, 2021 through August 31, 2023
Who Can Enter?
Categories may be entered by an independent artist, (non-company) or by a company (Corporation, LLC, etc.). Entries are accepted from anywhere in the world as long as it is submitted in the designated language categories: English, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, African English, Japanese and Mandarin.
In addition, there are several categories under the banner of “INTERNATIONAL” into which you may submit the following languages: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Hindi, Mandarin, Arabic and Japanese.
The following list represents an example of entrant types but this list is not exhaustive.
1. Independent Artists (not a company) Voice Actors, Directors, Spoken Word Artists, Copywriters, Creative Directors, Producers,
Casting Directors, Audio Engineers, and Podcast Hosts.
2. Broadcast Networks and Streaming Services
3. Cable Networks
4. On-Line Content Channels
5. Local TV Stations
6. Radio Stations
7. Advertising Agencies
8. Production companies, Casting Agencies, Talent Management Agencies, Talent Agencies, Creative Services Agencies,
Marketing Agencies, and other companies that create or facilitate works where voice acting plays a central creative role.
11. Mobile App Developers
12. Gaming (Developers/production/distributors)
13. Toy Manufacturers
14. Virtual Reality Developers
15. Voice Assistance and AI developers/manufacturers
16. Web Sites owners and Designers
What Can Be Entered?
Any media work created using the human voice as a primary element for communicating the intent, purpose, engagement, and experience to be derived from the work. All work must be entered in a digital format. Please refer to the technical specifications within this document regarding physical and digital materials for submission and refer to the eligibility dates and categories for all other possible qualifying details.
File Types Accepted:
The term Video Upload encompasses all material submitted by way of the Voice Arts® Awards’ digital upload system known as “Open Water” Accepted file types are as follows:
- Audio (MP3, WAV)
- Video (MP4, MOV, H264 or ProRes)
- Video files to be uploaded must be no more than 200mb
- Jpegs, Pngs, Tiffs
- Super early bird runs from "Mar 15" to "June 30"
- Early bird runs from "July 1" to "Aug 25"
- Regular price runs Aug 26" to "Sept 10"
- Late entry runs from "Sept 11" to "Sept 22"
|ENTRY FEES (US DOLLARS )||Mar 15 – June 30||July 1 – Aug 25||Aug 26 – Sept 10||Sept 11 – Sep 22|
|COMPANY FEES||Super Early Bird||Early Bird||Regular Price||Late Entry|
|Single Entry – Member||$135||$144||$153||$166|
|Single Entry – Nonmember||$150||$160||$170||$180|
|INDEPENDENT ARTISTS FEES||Super Early Bird||Early Bird||Regular Price||Late Entry|
|Single Entry – Member||$126||$135||$144||$153|
|Single Entry – Nonmember||$140||$150||$160||$170|
Fee’s for categories accepting multiple files (Campaigns and Body of Work,) are 15% higher than single file entries.
* Entry fees are non-refundable. Credit will be given if an offer of extenuating circumstances is accepted.
IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO KNOW:
- In the event that any individual category attracts fewer than 3 “award-worthy” entries, SOVAS™ reserves the right to withdraw that category from the competition or combine the entries, at its discretion, into a category it deems appropriate. If there is no appropriate category, the entry will be withdrawn from the competition, and the entrant will receive a credit towards the full value of future entry fees for each entry withdrawn. No cash refund will be given.
- If in any category, entries do not meet the minimum professional standard deemed “award-worthy” by the jury, it is possible that there will be no award given in that category.
- The statue awarded to winners in any category is the singular gold statue known as the Voice Arts® Award. Only a winner of a category and those credited on a winning entry are eligible to acquire the statue. On the other hand, both winners and nominees are eligible to acquire plaques and certificates, which designate the status of “winner” or “nominee”.
- SOVAS™ is not responsible for holding any submission materials (files, photos, etc.) received after the awards entry period, which concludes once judging is complete. Submitted materials will not be returned to entrants.
- The organizers reserve the right to add, subtract, amend, or otherwise revise any category during the course of the competition. Notices and updates of revisions will be emailed to all affected entrants or parties.
- Entries submitted as a campaign must consist of a minimum of two elements, utilizing any of the following platforms: TV, Radio, WEB, In-theater, virtual reality, mobile apps, live announcements, and voice-assistant devices.
- Audiobook entries may be produced from a book manuscript prior to the manuscript being published in written form. Qualifying audiobook entries are determined by SOVAS to be audio recordings where the written text is narrated (spoken), and the resulting recording is distributed for sale or public consumption within the eligibility period. The work may originate in any country, and the languages must correspond to the following: English, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, African English, Japanese and Mandarin
- RIGHTS & DISCLAIMERS Entrants assume all responsibility for all rights and permissions to submit work on behalf of themselves and/or the owner of the works submitted. With the exception of demo reels, spoken word, podcasts, and websites, all entries must have been created as “work for hire,” which includes pro bono work that can be verified as such by the hiring entity. i.e., non-profit organizations or institutions of learning. SOVAS retains the rights to disqualify entries that offend national, religious, cultural, racial or gender sensibilities.